Monday, June 9, 2008

Sunday- the Half











































So this felt pretty amazing. Yesterday I was wiped out from the run, the adrenaline, and the emotion. Today, I feel totally jacked that we did this. If you are wondering about the tie dye- it was the Friday night carb dinner idea of Staci Jo and Court that all the supporters wear tie dye so we could see each other and because really who doesn't like tie dye? So that was the project for Friday night and I'll say they all turned out pretty good.
Something about this run that I didn't expect- Talking about running and since doing the run, quite a few people are thinking of doing it next time, either walking or running it. How cool is it that you can help people believe in themselves by doing something that you feel you are doing for you? The ripple effect. The collective energy of that many runners in one place was pretty exciting when the race started off. My word for it: buzzing!
There is already talk of the next..... Victoria in October and a training schedule in my inbox on Monday from trainer Tess?? I think a week off first. :)

6 comments:

courtney smith said...

So so so proud of you Wen! You are an inspiration in so many ways- be proud of that :)

Love you- Court

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

Great pics Wen. Love the tye die, great idea!
I know what you mean about the "buzzing", that's the feeling I had on the 3 day walk, everyone was so pumped and excited.
You do deserve a break- at least for your ankle's sake!
Take Care!!
Love you!
Jess

Carla said...

You look so AWESOME! Full and life and energy even when you are crashing into Joe's arms. I am so proud of you (and a little jealous too!) Keep up the great work!

Seattlemom said...

You are amazing sweetie, so happy for you and love the photos!

I was training for the Victoria run (8 miles a day, 7 days a week) when my Saab met with sudden death and I couldn't walk. Remember those days?? Oh my. Seems like yesterday and a million years ago.
xx
jill

anna b said...

Hi sweetie! You did it - knew you would, after all, you are a put your mind to it farm girl, right? You are such an inspiration to me, can't believe I get to have you in my life. Here's to more crazy notions, and the guts to turn them into reality. love ya, anna

(fly)

Wendy said...

Thank you all for all the awesome comments, my life wouldn't be what it is if I didn't have you all. I just feel so lucky.... and yes, Anna, so much flying to do...