Tuesday, September 1, 2009

T'was the Night Before....


T'was the night before school starts,
and this mama is freaking out...
From private to public,
I sure hope she doesn't shout...
More rules and structure isn't such a bad thing,
but yellow buses with big kids makes my head ring...
A library, a cafeteria, such big kid stuff,
where did the time go and why does this feel so tough...
My girl says she ready and excited to go,
her teacher is nice and all rarin' to show....
the world to my girl who once was so small,
now sassy, funny, toothless and so tall.
She told her brother how she would be gone for awhile,
but not to worry because she would be back with a smile.
I'm proud of you Abs stay strong and don't lose...
where you come from, who you are, and how to walk in those shoes.

Love you Abs- hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow.
1st grade Mrs. McDougal-Danielson

3 comments:

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

CUTE!!! OH Abs, you are going to have a fantastic day and year!! Show them what you're made of girl!!
Does it say something about the times in which our kids are growing up - when their teachers have hyphenated last names?

jwilskey said...

Ah Wen, she'll be okay! :) So sweet...it's harder on the parents by far! Keep me posted, Baby Wes is adorable, look forward to meeting him.

kristy said...

how poetic you are wen, give abs a hug for us and call me, let me know how her day went!