Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lack of Micro


So it has been a few weeks now with no microwave. It's not necessarily the plan not to replace the thing but i guess its been very low on the priority list. I'll be honest, we don't have a microwave in the house but there is one a few steps away in Kali's house which i have been known to run knocking on the door for a quick zap. So I'm rambling already but the point of this post is that I don't really miss it that much. Today was hectic at best, didn't start out to be a busy day but ended up that way, no complaints, i got a lot done but feel like right now is the first relaxed moment i've had. So the discussion went.

Me: I feel like drinking hot chocolate but do i really want it that bad? Heating milk up on the stove instead of just pushing buttons on the microwave.

Joe: Come on, it only takes a few minutes to heat up milk.


As I'm standing at the stove stirring the milk I felt my shoulders relax, my breathing slow down and I actually took a few deep breaths.

The microwave wouldn't have afforded me the same time or the attention I had to pay it so it didn't burn nor the forced relaxation. So now i'm typing with my steaming little cup of cocoa feeling calmer and appreciating the pace of the stove.

No comments: