Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Little Forever


We are in the hammock in the evening a few days ago- talking about Wes's birthday coming up.

Abby: Momma, wouldn't it be cool if we could do some sort of magic and make it so Wes never got any bigger than he is right now. Mom, he is so cute. I'm going to miss his little sounds he makes when he starts saying real words. Maybe i could have that magic too and just get to be a kid forever, maybe i would wait until i was 10 to do it because i think its going to be really cool when i'm 10.



Last night as we were heading to bed she wanted me to pick her up and carry her to brush her teeth.
Momma: Abby i'm too tired, you're too big.
Abs: Don't say that momma. I never want to get any bigger. I mean i want to have birthdays, of course..., but i don't want to get any taller and i want my voice to be the same.
My sweet girl, you are a gem.

1 comment:

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

AW, this is heartbreakingly wonderful, she is so truthful and innocent and wonderful. Seriously why can't we stay 10 years old, life is pretty fantastic at that age.
She is such a great sis to that boy!!