Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I listened to Obama's acceptance speech as I drove home. A few times listening I got goose bumps, and once teary. This is the first election since I had the ability to vote that I truly cared who was elected. That i didn't feel like I was just choosing the lessor of two mediocre choices. When I went in to look at Abs already asleep, I just felt like Obama will do his best to lead this country in the direction of hope for all, prosperity through hard work and determination instead of leading through fear. As Carla's blog says, "America, you made the right choice."
For those who didn't vote for him, maybe there is a different way to be, to lead, and to impower than has been shown in the past. Just maybe different, passionate, and unconventional is exactly what we need.

2 comments:

Sara and David said...

I woke up this morning singing in my head and thinking THIS is the America I want my kids to grow up in.

Us 4 said...

The sign work!!!