Thursday, May 22, 2014

Growing up

One of my Favorite Things....
Abby comes out of her room after finishing a book and she finds me, " Mom, you have to read this book, you will like it."
Over the next couple days she checks in with me to see where I'm at in the book and what we both liked about the characters.
I love the conversations that happen, what we both pick out about the people, some things surprise me, sometimes we like different characters better, sometimes she picks out things I missed.
A moment when I get to take a break from being the authority and her mom and we just get to be two girls reading the same book and getting to be just exactly who we are.
Love.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ah, that sounds like an amazing experience. I hope someday I can share a reading adventure like that with one of my kiddos.